Thursday, September 22, 2016

Easy, Rustic Corn Husk Wreath

When you pair a girl who is a life long New Englander with a guy who was raised in Indiana, it's inevitable that we would love to eat corn. It's honestly my favorite part of summer. And, we were so thrilled to have found some really fantastic corn in our new town.


Something that I love equal to summer corn is autumn decorating and I have always wanted to make a corn husk wreath. So, basically I just started to save the husks after shucking. This is a seriously inexpensive project!



Here's what you need: 2 - 2 1/2 dozen dried corn husks (I just let mine sit on the porch for a few days to dry out), a Styrofoam wreath form, scissors and pins.

Once my corn husks were dried I cut them at the base so I would have a nice even spot to pin. I began with the back, starting just about in the middle of the inside of the wreath form and securing it with a few pins.

Once I got all the way around, I flipped over my wreath and did the same with the front. (The end of the husks should meet in the inner center of the wreath.)  This was really a quick project! Continue on until you have completely filled the wreath form. (If you have any extra husks you can pin them in wherever a spot looks bare.)


I love rustic for fall. And that feeling of a harvest being over. This wreath isn't perfect, but that's what makes it all the more charming and relevant to the season.



Second, it's at my mom's house! She fell completely in love with it, so I gifted it to here and I think it looks fabulous in her dining room. (You can see her entire fall tour here.) 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.