Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Antique with Modern Bar Cart and More Dining Room Plans

I'm sharing another little area in our home today. This time a corner of our dining room. Slowly, but surely this place is coming together!

As a housewarming gift my mom gave us this antique possum belly table. It's the perfect tone of wood with age and patina for our old farmhouse and I wanted to make sure it was incorporated somewhere in our dining room.

Currently, it's serving as our drink station and I'm loving the mix of modern bits with the antique table.



The gold wine glasses and coasters were from Homegoods, ages ago, and the pineapple (one of my favorite finds ever) was Target a couple of years back. I was introduced to that wine by a client at Christmas and have pretty religiously been keeping a bottle on hand for when the mood strikes.



The taller glasses were my dad's and straight out of the 1970s, but I adore having things that were his.



How much are you in love with this old looking chalkboard? I dragged that worn, gold frame from the old house, knowing that eventually it would be perfect for a project. Darrell cut strips of MDF and I painted them with some green DIY chalkboard paint and seasoned it with chalk. (I was inspired to make this after seeing this version here.)



The wreath is a flea market find and is simply a rusty wire formed into a circle shape.



Here are a couple of views from the kitchen door, looking through the dining room and into the living room, where our front entrance is...




That antique mint child's chair that is now next to the possum belly table was originally in front of our fireplace (also in our dining room), until I found this bench for $10 at a flea market last week. These tend to be so crazy expensive so I was thrilled when I found it! (To see the chair in front of the fireplace check out this post here).




This is a view of the antique table and antique fireplace looking in from the living room...


Last thing. Has anyone noticed that I have now posted several times about my dining room and never showed the table and chairs. Weird, right? Well, let me explain. About a year ago we scored a farmhouse table for free.  I love the trestle base, but hate the laminate top. Combine that with the fact that our chairs are completely mismatched and I was not happy at all. BUT, last weekend we scored some pretty amazing barn board from old tobacco barns in the area (that's the big crop where we live) and we are going to be building a new top for our table. The base will be painted a creamy white and the chairs, while still mismatched will at least be unified by color. So. Excited. Here's the picture I shared on Facebook when we got the wood home.



So, that is where I'm at with this room. I may...fingers crossed be bringing home another piece of furniture for the space later on this week. I'll keep you all posted!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.