Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Painted & Upholstered Antique Chair (& Contributor Post)

Hey everyone!

I finished a couple of furniture pieces over Christmas break and one was this darling antique chair.

I've done a few of these now, and I always take them on with a bit of hesitation as they are a little more difficult than the traditional remove-the-seat dining room chair.




But, I am just so drawn to their intricate carvings and small stature.




I found this one at an indoor flea market and had to bring it home.


I started by removing the old fabric, I reserved it to use as a pattern for my new material.

I painted, distressed and waxed all the wood to give it a romantic and weathered feel.


Then, I began to reupholster the chair. If you follow me on Instgram, then you know that Figgy was making every attempt to actually help. Sarcasm.

I upholstered as you typically would using my staple gun and then attached the trim with hot glue.




Did I mentioned I am just in love with these chairs? One day, I will actually keep one for myself. This however, sold immediately and is off to its new home.


Also, up today is my contributor post at Jennifer Rizzo.  See that white jug? I painted it with chalk paint last week. Click on over to her blog (link under picture) to see what this was in its former life.


DIY Chalk Painted Jug










Follow my blog with Bloglovin



If you liked my Painted & Upholstered Antique Chair (& Contributor Post) you may also like...


Winter Finger Knit & Pom Pom Galand (& Simple Winter Sideboard)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.