Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Primitive Autumn Decorating

The damp, chilly, gloomy days of November in New England have definitely arrived this week. It leaves you with a cold, raw feeling, but I secretly kind of enjoy it. It just makes you want to wrap up in a blanket, get cozy and enjoy your home.

Last week, I went up to visit my Mom and she does primitive in such a spectacular way.



Her attention to detail and design definitely lends to the that cozy feel.

While her style differs from mine quite a bit, we both have a fondness for using natural elements in our homes.

Dried fruit and nuts made into a garland is so simple, but makes a huge sculptural impact.





I love old wooden boxes like this. They are just so universal in decorating regardless of your decorating style.




This. Wreath. Oh how I would adore to have something like it. It makes such a major impact to any space.




Corn husks add a autumn feel to a seasonless display...




I'm loving orange lately and it is just gorgeous paired with blue...



Lastly, I thought this was such a cool idea to take a dried gourd (which i personally love decorating with) and making it into a hanging with other natural elements...this was purchased from a local store we love.



Enjoy the gorgeous autumn beauty out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.