Sunday, November 24, 2013

Gold Star Tree & My Christmas Coffee Table

I sort of give up. It's freezing and snowy here so I've let the Christmas decorations begin to seep in before Thanksgiving has even happened. This is completely unlike me, but I am totally placing the blame on the wintry weather, the late Thanksgiving and not feeling well/hanging out too much at home thinking about decorating (cannot wait to call the doctor tomorrow to get my ears checked.)








I've recently started working with DecoArt and they were kind enough to send me some of their Dazzling Metallics Acrylic Paint in Glorious Gold. You all know I love metallic gold paint so much, and let me tell you, this did not disappoint. The coverage (hello one coat) and color were both phenomenal and it dried so fast that my project was done in a flash!




Here are the supplies you'll need: Dazzling Metallics Acrylic Paint in Glorious Gold, paint brush, wood stars from the craft store in various sizes, drill, branch and a glass container.


 

Simply paint a handful of wood stars (both sides) and let dry. Meanwhile, paint the lower portion of your stick with the same gold paint. Drill a hole in the center of each star and hang it on the branches of your stick. So incredibly easy, right?
 
 
 
 
This is how I love to decorate...simple, natural and neutral.






 
 If you liked this post you may also like...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

 
 

 
 
 
Linking to: 

startathomeAll Things Thursday Blog Hop

http://cityfarmhouse.com/
”TheGoldenSycamore.com”

10 comments:

  1. love it! your whole coffee table is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you decorate friend! And those stars on those branches rock! I am starting to feel the same way with Thanksgiving being soooo late! Today I thought...holy cow this time last year I had so much more done! Yikes! I hope you feel better and have fun decorating! All the best this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela, Love what you're doing. I'm actually letting some Christmas creep into my decorating too. I always wait until after Thanksgiving. It's cold and a cold front is coming so I'm going to keep adding Christmas to my rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela pretty touches, I also love that silver tray!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the beauty and simplicity of this. Gorgeous. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me and I hope you and your family have a very Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a very fun and festive tutorial, thanks so much! Your turquoise dresser in the background of the photos is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Angela, that's very pretty. Stars are always wonderful for the holidays, aren't they? Last year I did some lovely stars on branches for our holiday in England. Lovely visiting with you; this is the first time I've joined the Front Porch blog hop. Hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea!! So cute, I would never think to put the little gold stars on there like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The range of the beauty tips have been improved for the users. Now you have a look for the use of the google slides templates for the new presentations. The ranges met for the approval of the information and all shows for the citizens.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.