Thursday, November 7, 2013

Classic, Country Painted Demilune

 I'm so happy to share the full reveal of this little demilune table with your all this morning!
 
 
It just screams autumn to me! And that's a good thing because it is most definitely fall and most definitely freezing here today!
 

First of all, I love demilune tables because the lines are always so pretty and delicate.
 
 
 
Secondly, I love how they can fit in tiny places. They are perfect for that wall or spot that needs a little something...I'm thinking entry, bathroom or nightstand.
 



Take a look at the before. It had definitely been loved in its previous home, but really needed an update. I ended up painting it with Valspar La Fonda Ortiz Gold, distressing it and then topping it with a coat of dark stain.
 


  

I just love that deep mustard color!
 



 
This piece will be for sale on Saturday when we host our final vintage sale of the year at our home.
 
I hope you all have a great day! I am meeting with a customer and probably heading over to the thrift store. I have a coupon that totally cannot go to waste!
 
 
 
 

 

 

 
 
 


Linking to: 

startathomeAll Things Thursday Blog Hop

http://cityfarmhouse.com/
”TheGoldenSycamore.com”








12 comments:

  1. i love this one too angela. love little hits of mustard.
    keya

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable! i love the color! i need to paint something mustard yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is always room for one more demilune. I have one right inside the front door. Love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable! The color is perfect. That is going to sell so quick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you certainly turned an ugly duck into a swan.

    Love the shape of the table . . . love the color . . . great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a cute little table and I love the new color. Fabulous makeover. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow…you are incredibly talented. That little table turned out beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color and the chippy finish! Thank you so much for sharing at Redoux!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a little table quite similar to yours and think I want to paint it. I hadn't seen one painted before and it is a good look! Thanks for the tip about the dark stain over paint--I look forward to trying that out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the color and the distressing! These table really are the perfect accent for small spaces!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful color choice and I love the patina! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.