Thursday, December 20, 2012

A Twiggy Tree

Do you remember for Thanksgiving when I made a Chalkboard Leafed Thankful Tree?  Well, I loved the branch I found so much that I decided to reuse it for my Christmas décor.


I used some vintage ornaments and some that are just favorites of mine; all in the gold color family.








I really love displaying ornaments on a tree like this!  Without the needles of the typical pine, the decorations really take center stage.




Lastly, I wanted to share some of the pieces of my nativity.  They were brought to the United States from Canada by my Great Grandmother.  She was born around 1882 and immigrated to Massachusetts in 1920.


 
Don't forget to stop by here on Saturday, December 22nd beginning at 9 am for the next installment of the 'Tis the Season 2012 Holiday Link Party.  I will be your host for this fun, Christmas tree themed event!
 
A Holiday Linky Party Is Coming Your Way!










Linking to: DIY Show OffUndertheTableandDreamingMod Vintage Life My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia52 MantelsBeyond The Picket FencePhotobucket A Delightsome Life Rooted In Thymevif187Liz Marie Bloghttp://www.jenniferrizzo.com/Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special A Delightsome LifeBoogieboard Cottage”FallFridays Unfolded
It's Overflowing

8 comments:

  1. i am always a fan of the twiggy tree... it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little tree transitioned nicely. I really love that sweet nativity set that has been passed down from your family- Gorgeous old pieces- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love twiggy trees, you're so right, whatever you hang on them takes center stage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tree, while a green tree is what I grew up with a twiggy tree really does show off each ornament so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks beautiful Angela - perfect for the holiday!
    Thanks for linking up!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angela, I LOVE this vignette. I'm pinning it. :)
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I love your vintage nativity figures! How delightful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by Number Fifty-Three! I look forward to your comments.